Monday, June 11, 2012

Getting Unit 2 Submissions Ready

I got off to such an amazing start with this program, blasting through the first 4 units of material, and then I sort of hit a wall. I'm working my way slowly through Unit 5 at the moment, but I've still only submitted photo projects for Unit 1. That being said, here are some of the candidates for Unit 2 submissions. And yes, some of you have probably seen most of these pictures before, one way or another.

Photograph #1: Emphasizing the subject by its size and off-center placement.




Photograph #2
: Using framing to focus attention on your subject.



Project #3
: Using leading lines to draw attention to your subject.






I need to shoot a few more images, especially for project #2 (although I COULD use the first picture under project #3 as one of my framing photos,) but I am fairly happy with most of these pictures. Provided they print out well, I think they will make decent submissions.

Fellow NYIP students (and anyone else who would care to take a look,) please offer any helpful critiques, opinions, or ideas that you may have, as long as they're not overly negative or derogatory. Constructive criticism and feedback is welcome. Just remember, I am NOT a professional photographer (which should be fairly obvious by now!

Thanks, and I look forward to reading your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Man, you got some great pictures! I get a mixed feeling of "I want to take pictures that well" and "Oh no, I'll never take pictures that well"... lol
    Thanks for the post, it really helps seeing what other people are doing with their project (hopefully I'll finish mine today).
    Good luck with everything and, again, congrats on your shots!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete