Thursday, December 15, 2011

Charting My Course

Here I am again, with yet ANOTHER blog. In an effort to push myself, and get back in touch with my creative side, I've decided to start chronicling the progress of my photography training with the New York Institute of Photography. I will be posting discussions, insights into the course, and pictures I have submitted to be reviewed. Along the way I hope to interact with other NYIP students, or anyone else who shares my love of and interest in photography.

I want to go on record and state that I am not by any means a professional photographer. Photography is a hobby of mine, and I decided this year that I wanted to take it more seriously. I have been enrolled with the NYIP since January of this year, and I am just over half-way through the training. I'm still way behind in actually submitting the photo projects though, so I still have a lot of work to do!

If you have any questions about the New York Institute of Photography, or photography in general, feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer myself, I will try to point you in the direction of a person or Web site that does.

Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to sharing my progress and photographs with all of you.

5 comments:

  1. I am looking into taking the NYIP professional photography course. I was looking for current reviews on the school and program and came upon your blog. I am going to read through your blog and hope that it helps me decide on NYIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that will be a very SHORT read! I haven't posted much yet. Study wise, I'm on the second ago to last Unit in the course, but I have only submitted picture assignments for the first 2 Units. I'm a bit behind in that area. Still, if you have any questions I'd see e glad to try and answer them if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second to last... Stupid auto-correct. Sometimes I hate typing on my phone! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is great! I was actually just writing my first blog post about my experiences as I go through the course and decided to see if anyone else had the same idea. That brought me here. Great read so far and I hope to become a better photographer (I am way behind you, but think I can catch up with some practice) :)

    Here is my review of it, so far: http://lifes-greatest-blessings.blogspot.com/search/label/NYIP

    ReplyDelete