Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Major Computer Problems

My studying has been put on hold temporarily, as I've been trying to deal with some major computer problems. My computer was hit with a nasty virus about a week ago, and currently I'm locked out of the system, as the mouse and keyboard cease to function as soon as the Windows login screen pops up. I've been trying all sorts of things to get it to work, and have had the help of some friends, but so far nothing has worked and my computer is basically a giant paperweight at the moment.

I CAN restore my computer to its original factory settings (at least I think I can,) but if I do that, I loose thousands of dollars worth of software that I have installed over the past couple years. This is something I CAN'T afford to do! So I continue to work on the computer, hoping I'll find something that can at least get me back into the system so I can try to repair it once and for all.

To that end, if anyone in the Athens, GA area has a Windows Vista repair/install CD, would it be possible to borrow it? If I can reinstall Windows Vista, I might be able to get back onto the computer again. It's one of the last things I can try before doing a system restore and losing everything I've installed on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and I hope to resolve this matter ASAP and get back on course with my training. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment