Friday, December 30, 2011

Photo Challenge - "Analog" In A Digital World

Okay, I am not the first to come up with this idea, but it is the first time I'm going to try it. I am going to limit my D90 to shooting like a 35mm film camera (I'd USE my 35mm film camera, but the battery is dead.) At any rate, I'm going to pretend like I have a single roll of 36 exposure, ISO 400 film, a fairly standard, all-purpose roll of film. I'm going to set my camera's ISO at 400 and leave it there (you can't change the ISO of film in mid-roll,) and use Aperture Priority mode (or Shutter Priority and/or Manual if I'm feeling punchy,) with my 35mm lens. I'm also going to limit myself to the on-camera, popup flash. The only settings I'll be able to change will be the aperture and shutter speed.

I'm going to shoot 36 "frames," and I'm not going to delete any of them. I'm also going to try and shoot without looking at the LCD screen to see what the shot looks like. Finally, I'll be shooting in JPEG mode, and other than possibly cropping, I'm going to avoid making any alterations to the image in an editing program (this will be greatly aided by the fact that my computer is currently dead, and I don't have ACCESS to said programs.)

When I've shot my 36 exposures, I'll wait a bit for "processing time," and then I'll post the resulting images on my blog and on the Matt Fulkes Photography Facebook page.

If this sounds like an interesting idea to any of my photography friends out there, feel free to join in, and post your own images. Just send me a link so I can look at them too!

Happy New Year everyone, and I wish you all a great and exciting new year of photography! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm still planning on doing this, but I've had other issues I've had to deal with, so this project has been put on the back burner for the time being.

    ReplyDelete