Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Update

Well, on one of the few days that have actually felt somewhat like winter here in Georgia, I'm back on my computer again, and back editing pictures. I've also almost wrapped up Unit 4 of my training, at least the reading part. I have the "Location Portraiture" booklet to read, and then I have to watch and listen to all of the audio/visual materials and take the Unit test online, but then I will be ready to move onto Unit 5, which I'm really excited about. I still need to get caught up on my photo projects though, since I've only submitted my pictures for Unit 1 so far.

This time, at the suggestion of my advisor, I'm going to submit multiple pictures for each project. This will allow me to get more practice with the given elements of the assignment, and experiment a bit more in the process. When I have pictures ready to submit, I will post some of them here for you to see, and provide feedback on if you so desire. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome.

I hope everyone is staying warm as the temperatures finally start to drop, and if you're an NYIP student yourself, feel free to post your experiences with the course in the comments section. Also, stop by my main photography page and check out the progress of my 366 day project. I'll be posting Friday the 13th's picture later today!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm finished with the reading part of the course. Now I'm listening to the audio CDs and will then watch the DVD. Once I take the online test, I'll be finished with Unit 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wtg!! I just finished unit one and sent in the photo project. I love your work and can only hope(and practice) to be as good as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shouldn't be TOO hard. I'm not that good yet! lol But if you enjoy what you do, then you will push yourself to get better. I've always wanted to have a job I ENJOYED doing, and if I become good enough at photography, one day I will realize that dream. Thanks for the comment. :)

      And if you want to check out some more of my pictures you can check out my other pages:

      http://fmdphotography.blogspot.com/

      https://www.facebook.com/MattFPhotography

      http://www.photoshop.com/users/mfulkesphotography

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_fulkes_photography/


      I'm sure you've seen them before though. :) Have a good one!

      Delete