Monday, January 23, 2012

A Less Than Satisfactory End To Unit 4

Well, I'm not overly happy with my test results for Unit 4 (I got my first B,) and there are 1 or two of them which I definitely shouldn't have missed. Apparently there was at least one "not" that I somehow missed, as in "Which one of these is NOT an advantage?" I swear I read all the questions correctly, but that's not how my test score came out. Oh well, it's been submitted now, and I can't take it back. This is a section I'll have to study more though, because lighting is one of the most important aspects of photography. I'm sure I'll have a better grasp of it once I actually start to shoot my photo projects for Unit 4.

That being said, I still have to shoot my pictures for Unit 2, and all of this rain is not making that very easy. True, I COULD shoot the pictures indoors, but that would be rather boring, and wouldn't have the best lighting, especially since we're not supposed to be adding any additional lighting (other than the camera's pop-up flash) at this point. So I'm having to wait for this lousy weather to clear up. I guess I can't complain too much though. It is the middle of winter, and the temperatures have been in the 50s and 60s for the most part.

I think I'm going to hold off on starting the Unit 5 training materials, and focus on getting my photo assignments for Units 2-4 submitted first. I LOVE learning new material, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself. And Unit 5 covers some things I'm really interested in (i.e. - Photojournalism,) so I want to take my time with that material and fully absorb it. (I can hear some of you out there saying, "You probably should have done the same thing with the lighting material from Unit 4!") All I can say to that is...yes, I probably should have. But it's a journey, and the important part isn't the destination, it's the path you take along the way. I will absorb the information more readily as I put the techniques into practice.

So I guess that's about it for now. I have to submit a couple of payment to NYIP, and then they will send me my final Unit of study, Unit 6. Then I should have all the materials, and will be able to work through them at my own pace. Now, if I can just get things rolling with all these photo projects I have to do! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment